Benefits of Membership
Membership in the Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts (SLSA) connects you with a worldwide community of approximately 600 scholars, researchers, and artists interested in the multi-disciplinary study of the relations among literature and language, the arts, science, medicine, and technology. Each year the annual SLSA conference attracts hundreds of participants from many different disciplines, including the history, sociology, anthropology, rhetoric, and philosophy of science, technology, and medicine; literary history and criticism; art; art history; media studies; cognitive science, and a wide variety of fields in science, technology, engineering, and medicine.
- Three issues of Configurations, published by Johns Hopkins University Press
- Member registration rates when participating in the SLSA annual meeting, an international conference that brings together the best new scholarship in interdisciplinary science and technology studies*
- Four issues of Decodings, the SLSA electronic newsletter, which contains information about Society activities and news about its members
- Access to the LITSCI-L, a moderated email list that reaches over 1000 subscribers
Your membership supports the broader intellectual and social mission of the society:
- To publish the best scholarship in transdisciplinary research concerning the interplay of science, technology, and culture, in Configurations.
- To foster interdisciplinary conversation and collaboration among scholars, researchers, and artists interested in the intersections of literature, science, and the arts, in its publications and listserv
- To encourage and support artistic creation and practice-based research exploring the intersections of science, technology, and medicine at its annual meeting
- To encourage and support new scholarship in the multi-disciplinary study of the cultural and social dimensions of science, technology, and medicine, through a variety of grants and awards
- To promote international dialogue with affiliate groups in other regions, including SLSA’s European sister society (SLSAeu)
*Note: Following standard practices of scholarly organizations, each participant in the SLSA annual conference must be a member of the society for the current year of the conference and must pay the conference fee, which supports the material costs of the conference.
JOIN/RENEW – MEMBERSHIP FEES: